1630 Ross Ave. Cincinnati, OH, 45205
Glenway Woods, a nature preserve of 30.244 acres at the end of Ross Avenue in Price Hill, began as the result of citizens joining forces to save the area from indiscriminate physical development. Donald Patrick, an Elder High School teacher, chaired the Glenway Woods Project Committee, which raised necessary funds to repay a loan of $8,000 to the Nature Conservancy for the purchase of 14.3 acres of land in 1975. Money was donated by more than 90 contributors including the Price Hill Kiwanis, East Price Hill Improvement Association, South Fairmount Improvement Association, Elder and Seton High School Student Councils and the Audubon Society. The area, which was then given to the Cincinnati Park Board, was later expanded through a donation of eight acres of surplus land by the Cincinnati Board of Education in 1977. Additional acreage was acquired through Federal Land and Water Conservation Funds.
1630 Ross Ave.
Cincinnati, OH, 45205