09 Apr Park Updates – Closures, Openings, Restrooms and More
Cincinnati Parks Response to COVID-19
- Users must observe social distancing recommendations of 6’ from other persons at all times (unless people are direct family members, caregivers, or part of a couple)
- Park visitors should wear masks in parks when social distance cannot be kept.
- All drinking fountains are closed. Drinking Fountains will start to reopen from May 12th – May21st of 2021.
- Cincinnati Parks and trails are open. Cincinnati Parks has signed a joint-statement with the National Recreation and Park Association, and more than 500 agencies, partners, and like-minded organizations supporting the continued use of our parks and open spaces during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please click here to read the statement. https://www.nrpa.org/about-national-recreation-and-park-association/press-room/NRPA-statement-on-using-parks-and-open-space-while-maintaining-social-distancing/
- Users should not use parks or trails if they’re exhibiting symptoms.
- Users should follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Users should be prepared for no access to public restrooms in some locations.
- Users should share the trails and warn other trail users of their presence as they pass.
List of Open Restrooms:
We recommend bringing hand sanitizer on your park visit to accommodate for areas without open bathrooms.
Current Open Restrooms (unless stated otherwise, restrooms are open during Park hours)
- Alms Park Pavilion Restrooms
- Ault Park Heekin Comfort Station
- Ault Park Principio Playground Restrooms
- Bellevue Park Pavilion – 8 am – 2:30 pm
- Burnet Woods Bandstand Restrooms
- Burnet Woods Millionaires Club Restrooms – 9am – 3pm
- Doris Day Dog Park
- Drake Park Pavilion
- Eden Park – Fulton Comfort Station
- Eden Park – Twin Lakes Comfort Station
- Fountain Square (maintained by 3CDC, hours may differ)
- French Park Pavilion
- Friendship Park Pavilion – 8 am – 3 pm
- Inwood Park – 8 am – 2:30 pm
- Kennedy Heights Park – 8 am – 2:45 pm
- McEvoy Park – 8 am – 2:30 pm
- Mt. Airy Colerain Ave. Entrance
- Mt. Airy Forest Comfort Station Area 10 – 8 am – 2:30 pm
- Mt. Airy Forest Comfort Station Area 13
- Mt. Airy Forest – Stone Steps – 8 am – 2:30 pm
- Mt. Airy Forest Comfort Station Area 22 – 8 am – 2:30 pm
- Mt. Airy Forest – The Nati Disc Golf Shop on Lodge Road (10am – 6pm: except holidays)
- Mt. Echo Park Pavilion – 8 am – 8 pm
- Mt. Storm Park Pavilion
- Sawyer Point I-471 Restrooms – 8 am – 8 pm
- Sawyer Point Comfort Stations-near Service Building – 8 am – 8 pm
- Smale Park Restrooms at the bottom of the Walnut Street steps
- Smale Park Vine Street Restrooms near Carousel – 8 am – 8 pm
- Smale Park Portland Loo Restroom – 8 am – 8 pm
- Stanbery Park – 8 am – 8 pm
- Washington Park – 8 am – 8 pm
- Yeatman’s Cove East Concession – 8 am – 8 pm
- Yeatman’s Cove West Concession – 8 am – 8 pm
Check back for updates
Open to the Public
- Park open space and most trails.
- Picnic tables (we recommend using table cloths and please help us by picking up trash)
- Drinking Fountains will start to reopen from May 12th – May21st of 2021
- Krohn Conservatory – Buy your online timed tickets
- Washington Park Spray Grounds – 11am – 7pm (seven days a week)
- Tennis, Pickleball, Volleyball, and Basketball courts
- Mt. Airy & Burnet Woods Disc Golf
- Explore Nature Events & Programming – Visit Explore Nature’s web page for specific updates
- Garden Wedding Reservations
- Shelter and Group Picnic Area Reservations
- First-come-first-serve shelters (Area 10 & 13 in Mt. Airy and shelters in Mt. Storm, Burnet Woods, Ault and more)
Cincinnati Parks will update this list as park amenities open
Closed to the Public
All in-person customer service at Parks office buildings are temporarily unavailable. Please visit our online messaging system to reach departments directly. They include:
-Parks Administrative Building at 950 Eden Park Drive
-Riverfront at 705 East Pete Rose Way
-Planning, Design & Facilities at 2625 Reading Road
-Bettman Natural Resource Center at 4 Beech Lane
-Smale and Yeatman’s Cove Spray Grounds – Opening end of May 2021
-Alms Group Picnic Area Reservations are temporarily unavailable due to inoperable restrooms
-Some park restrooms
-Drinking fountains – Drinking Fountains will start to reopen from May 12th – May21st of 2021.
-Some roads and parking lots in Mt. Airy Forest will be closed to vehicle traffic, but open to pedestrian foot and bicycle traffic. Blue Spruce Rd. will be resurfaced from 4/26 – 5/28. The road will still be passable with one lane open, but at times there could be extended delays.-
-Carol Ann’s Carousel is closed until further notice
Cincinnati Parks will update this list as park amenities close
Reporting Down City Street Trees or Park Trees or Tree Limbs
If you come across a down or broken city street tree or a Cincinnati Parks tree due to a storm please reach out to Urban Forestry at 513-861-9070 to report the tree. Thank you for your assistance.
For updates from our partners at the Cincinnati Parks Foundation, visit the Parks Foundation COVID-19 Event Preparedness Plan.
For recommendations on visiting parks please click on the CDC’s Recommendation for Park Visitors web page