207 Dorchester Ave. Cincinnati, OH, 45219
A little neighborhood park at Auburn and Dorchester Avenues, Hopkins Park is situated on a hillside in Mt. Auburn. Bounded by Dorchester where Auburn connects Bigelow, the park was a gift of Lewis C. Hopkins in 1866 and was one of the first properties designated by a donor for park use. While only .895 acres, the park offers a respite for those who work in the many nearby medical buildings. The park, which was redesigned and redeveloped in 1971, features oval terraced steps and concrete tables and benches, a play area for children and basketball court. Funding received in 2002 from a Federal Urban Park and Recreation Recovery (UPARR) grant will be used to re-design and landscape the park.
207 Dorchester Ave.
Cincinnati, OH, 45219