Wilson Commons

Wilson Commons

Wilson Features

The original property for the park was donated in 1905 by M.C. Wilson, who gave the park its name. There were some other small bequeaths of land for the park from 1905 to 1917, and then about 10 acres were purchased by the city from the estate of Esther Stone in July 1917. In November 1917, 2.5 more acres were purchased from Genevieve A. Montague, Mary C. Allen and Genevieve Hoadly.

It is one of the many small parks on the west side. Wilson Commons is located on the eastern edge of Price Hill, on Wilsonia Avenue, which is off Bodley Avenue, which runs between Grand Avenue and Mt. Hope Road.

The original property for the park was donated in 1905 by M.C. Wilson, who gave the park its name. There were some other small bequeaths of land for the park from 1905 to 1917, and then about 10 acres were purchased by the city from the estate of Esther Stone in July 1917. In November 1917, 2.5 more acres were purchased from Genevieve A. Montague, Mary C. Allen and Genevieve Hoadly.

The overlook is the park’s best feature. It overlooks downtown Cincinnati and the beautiful hills of Kentucky. Below the overlook, a trail leads down to a terrace on the hillside.

It is the site of an Easter egg hunt sponsored by the Cincinnati Parks Department. In a 1936 report, the superintendent of the park board described Wilson Commons as “an ideal neighborhood park.” Today the small park is the perfect little place for neighbors to walk and enjoy the view.

Wilson Commons
2951 Bodley Ave
Cincinnati, OH

  • Playground
  • Overlook/Viewpoint
  • Significant Natural Areas