Riverfront Parks Closed Until Further NoticeFebruary 24, 2018
Riverfront Parks are OPEN from Dawn to DuskMarch 5, 2018
The Parks team continues to work around the clock on flood recovery to restore Cincinnati’s Riverfront Parks for the public. As a result, significant progress has been made. With regard to re-opening, please see the fo llowing:
- The following Riverfront Parks remain closed:
- Sawyer Point, Yeatman’s Cove and Smale
- Theodore M. Berry International Friendship Park is OPEN
- A large portion of Smale Park including the playground is set to re-open on Sunday, March 4. This will include temporary, shortened operating hours from dawn to dusk.
- Staff are finalizing clearing debris from main walkways and sanitizing the playground and other features.
- Restrooms are currently available at the East Concessions facility in Yeatman’s Cove and the main restrooms. The Smale Park restrooms on the North side of Mehring Way are open. The restrooms on the Southside of Mehring Way, under the bridge will be re-installed prior to the Reds opening day.
- Certain portions and walkways may remain closed; however, they will be clearly marked.
- We anticipate with continued cooperation from the weather and safety checks, all parks will be open soon. We will provide daily updates on progress, and appreciate everyone’s patience and flexibility.
Anyone interested in volunteering to help with park restoration should contact Jennifer Harten, Volunteer Coordinator at 513-861-8970 or Jennifer.Harten@Cincinnati-oh.gov