Carol Ann’s Carousel’s Children’s Comic Book Contest
1. The 2017 Carol Ann’s Carousel Comic Con Comic Book Contest begins on September 8, 2017 at 8:00am and ends on October 8, 2017 at 3:00pm Eastern Standard Time (EST). By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the contest and states that the submission is approved by an adult or guardian at least 18 years of age or older.
Who may enter:
2. Children ages 5 years of age to 15 years of age may enter, that are amateurs, residents of the United States of America with consent of parent or guardian that is 18 years of age or older. Individuals affiliated with Cincinnati Parks, Cincinnati Parks Foundation, or other companies associated with the promotion of the Cincinnati Parks, Carol Ann’s Carousel 2017 Comic Con Event are not eligible.
What to enter:
3. A family friendly, four page short with the theme of “If I were a superhero in Cincinnati”. The creation can be on type of paper and size. The content can be any format relating to if the entrant was a superhero in Cincinnati; what that would consist of.
How to enter:
4. Please submit an original four page short comic book on any style/type of paper. Remember to keep it family friendly! Please submit completed comic books in person at the Carousel Gift Shop (please visit www.cincinnatiparks.com for Carousel current hours of operation).
5. Each submission must be received in person by Sunday, October 8, 2017 by 3:00pm.
6. By entering the contest, each contestant (with parent permission), grants to Cincinnati Parks an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to display, print, or otherwise use the contestant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including without limitation, the Internet).
7. Cincinnati Parks will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late or misdirected entries or for failure to receive entries due to errors of any kind, whether originating with sender or Cincinnati Parks.
8. Cincinnati Parks reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest or that Parks deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by general audience.
Drawing and Prizes:
9. Winners are selected in age groups: Ages 5-7, 8-11, 12-15. Winners in the age categories will be determined by a panel of judges appointed by Cincinnati Parks. By accepting a prize, winners agree to the use of their comic book short for advertising and promotional purposes by Cincinnati Parks. All decisions of the judges are final.
10. Winners will be announced Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 3:00pm. You do not have to be present to win. If the winner is not present, they will be notified by email. Winners’ names and winning comic book short will be posted on the Cincinnati Parks’ Facebook page, Twitter feed, and Instagram. Failure to reach a winner or failure to respond to the electronic email may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner.
11. Each winner from each category will receive a celebration party at the Carousel during selective dates and times. The celebration follows the same rules as the base birthday party package for ten children (see our website for further details). Winners will also receive a small predetermined prize. All celebration prize certificates must be picked up at Carol Ann’s Carousel Gift Shop. The celebration party certificate must be redeemed by October 22, 2018.Contact Carol Ann’s Carousel at 513-381-3756 for availability of dates and times for the party.
12. By participating in the contest, participants grant Cincinnati Parks the right to change and/or broadcast a participant’s name, character likeness, voice and the fact that he or she has participated in the Cincinnati Parks Carol Ann’s Carousel Comic Con Contest.
13. The Cincinnati Parks, reserve the right to change or modify the rules of the contest at any time with appropriate notice where applicable. Void where prohibited by law.
14. For questions relating to the contest, please contact Carol Ann’s Carousel at 513-381-3756.