Rawson Woods Bird Preserve
3701 Middleton Ave., Cincinnati, OH, 45220
In 1923, Joseph Rawson, Frances Helen Rawson and the heirs of Edward Rawson "In order to preserve some of the woodland in Clifton in its present primitive state" donated to the City of Cincinnati for park purposes the first acreage of Rawson Woods Bird Preserve. An additional gift in 1928 brought the total acreage to 10.659. The area is kept in its natural state and is only open to the public through arrangements with Park Board naturalists. Rawson Woods Bird Preserve is located at Middleton and McAlpin Avenues. Rawson Woods, Mt. Storm Park and Edgewood Grove all border each other.