Owl's Nest Park
1984 Madison Rd., Cincinnati, OH, 45231
Owls Nest Park park began with a gift of a 5.547 acre tract by Charles E. and Edward C. Perkins in 1905 in memory of their parents who once owned the original homestead which they called "Owl's Nest." Mr. Perkins was the Fire Commissioner and their home was one of the oldest in East Walnut Hills. Later gifts in the 1920's resulted in a total of 10.417 acres, part of which is operated by the Recreation Commission. Bronzed doors are at the entrance of the park which fronts on Madison Road and Fairfax Avenue. The sixteen brick columns, which are now located in Eden Park's Presidential Grove, were once a part of this estate. They were the support for an ornamental wrought iron fence which was dismantled and melted down during World War II as scrap for the war effort. The important and impressive entryway columns still adorn the Owl's Nest Park entrance. The columns and wrought iron fence features were originally copied from those near the Charles River Bridge at Harvard University.