NOW HIRING FOR 2014 SEASONAL POSITIONS! APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Cincinnati Parks is planning to hire 50 - 70 seasonal staff to perform a variety of parks tasks from April through October. (Driver's License, Drug Screen, Police Background Check & High School equivalent required for ALL positions.)
- Grounds maintenance tasks including lawn mowing, hand trimming bushes, clearing weeds Litter pick-up and trash collection
- Manual landscaping tasks, such as installing trail ties, loading/unloading fertilizer and mulch
- Park building maintenance and cleaning, sweeping and mopping floors Special event tasks such as loading/unloading and setting up/taking down tables and chairs
- Additional Park maintenance tasks as assigned
- Seasonal Maintenance staff work on average 30-40 hours per week.
- Regular shifts may include weekend days or evenings paid at straight time.
- Basic knowledge of local nature and ecology required
- Ability to communicate well with people of all ages, especially children
- Previous experience working with children required
- Physical ability to work indoors/outdoors and lead hikes, despite inclement weather
- 9 weeks of employment from June 9 - August 1 with full-day training on May 31 and June 2 - June 6.
- $9.00 /hour, with no benefits, but a variety of skills gained.
- Customer Service - greet visitors and school groups, provide information about Cincinnati Parks and Krohn Conservatory, in particular special events.
- Assist cashiers with morning set up, sales, balancing register, filling out deposit slips.
- Respond to all cashier calls ASAP
- Assist with the daily release of butterflies
- Monitor the Containment Room for crowd control
- Position all volunteers at designated positions
- Set up craft room & check throughout the day to make sure the education room is ready
- Stay through closing each night with cashier to verify end of day totals
- HOURS: Part-time work 30-40 hours per week, 8am to 5:30pm, required to work Weekends and Holidays. May be scheduled to work evenings during special events.
- Customer Service (in person) - greet visitors, provide information about Cincinnati Parks and Krohn Conservatory, in particular special events.
- Customer Service (on phone) - answering visitor center phones, operate multi-line phone system (transfer, hold calls), give out accurate information, directions, keep record of phone calls
- Related clerical work - typing, computer data entry, copies, filing
- Cashier duties such as sales, handling cash, balancing register, filling out deposit slips
- Gift Shop clerk duties, taking inventory, filling out order forms, check deliveries
- HOURS: Part-time work 28-40 hours per week, 8am to 5:30pm
- Required to work weekends and holidays. May be scheduled to work evenings during special events.
- College-level coursework in horticulture (or related field) and/or horticultural work experience preferred
- Must be physically able to perform moderate to heavy labor work
- Work includes bed preparation, mulching, weeding, pruning, planting of various plant material and plant removal, deadheading, trash pickup in beds, raking up debris, fertilizing and other chemical applications, and watering on or around the City's public greenspace, facilities, and park areas.
- Work may include working in/on community gateways, parkways, traffic islands, parks, downtown Cincinnati, community business districts, major arteries through the city, and Krohn Conservatory.
- Work under close supervision assisting the Horticulturist, or alone under general or specific instruction.
- Knowledge of plants, gardening practices and techniques is required. Specific skills or the operation of certain pieces of equipment may be learned on the job.
Apply online today! Applications will only be accepted through the City of Cincinnati's online hiring system. If you need assistance with the online system, you may contact City of Cincinnati Human Resources at 513.352.2489 or the Cincinnati Park Board at 513.861.8970.