Carol Ann’s Carousel General Information:
Carol Ann’s Carousel is one of Cincinnati Parks’ newest additions to the riverfront in Smale Riverfront Park.
Come and take a ride on one of 44 whimsical Cincinnati-centric characters that make up Carol Ann’s Carousel. The carousel is an amazing work of art featuring original artwork by Jonathan Queen with panels depicting animal characters playing in one of the numerous Cincinnati parks. Additional panels celebrate the many historic landmarks of Cincinnati. The carousel is housed inside a glass building so it can operate year-round.
Take home a keepsake from the gift shop located inside the carousel building and play in the Pichler Spraygrounds when you bring your family and friends to experience this new Cincinnati tradition.
The carousel —a gift from the Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile Foundation/US Bank was built by Carousel Works in Mansfield, Ohio, the world’s largest manufacturer of hand-carved wooden carousels.
The Carousel is located at 8 East Mehring Way, just across the street from the new P&G GoVibrant Playscape next to the Roebling Bridge and immediately west of the new Pichler Fountain off of Rosa Parks Drive. For more information about hours, cost, birthday celebrations, photos and rentals, please click the “Read More” tab below or call 513.381.3756.
Parking is available through the central parking garage, Sawyer Point and metered parking spaces in the area.
Operating Hours & Seasonal Dates:
January 2nd to Before the Red’s Opening Day
11am – 4pm (closed Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays)
*The last token is sold at 3:45 pm and the last ride is at 3:50 pm.
** Closed January 29th – February 9th for Yearly Maintenance**
Reds Opening Day to Labor Day
11am – 7pm (closed Monday)
*The last token is sold at 6:45pm and the last ride is at 6:50pm.
Day after Labor Day to December 31st
11am – 4pm (closed Mondays & Tuesdays)
*The last token is sold at 3:45pm and the last ride is at 3:50pm.
Cost of Tokens:
1 ride = $2.00 per person
6 rides = $10.00
13 rides = $20.00
50 rides = $75.00
100 rides = $150.00
*Please note: Children less than 42” tall must be accompanied by an adult. The adult accompanying the child under 42” tall is free.
*Tokens are non-refundable and never expire.
Rules of the Ride:
- Bell signals the beginning and end of the ride
- No food, drinks, balloons or gum are allowed on the carousel
- No bare feet or wet clothing is allowed
- All riders must wear shoes and shirts for safety
- No pets/animals allowed in the building or ride
- No horseplay
- Do not sit on handrail
- Only one rider per animal
- Riders must remain facing forward at all times with one leg on each side of the Carousel animals, no side saddle riding or standing on animal
- No one is permitted in the Carousel’s operator area
- All riders must remain seated and hold onto pole with both hands while ride is in operation
- Children under 3 years old and children under 42” must be accompanied by an adult
- All riders must have a token, supervising adult assisting the child under 42” may ride for free
- Supervising adults must stand next to the animal and hold onto the child
- Riders that are 275 pounds or more must ride on the riverboat or stationary animal ONLY
- Individuals with heart conditions should consult with their physician before riding
- If a rider becomes unruly, not adhering to the safety standards, the operator will stop the ride and unruly riders will have to exit the ride.
Child birthday celebrations are booking now! For more information about a celebration, please call 513.381.3756 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Birthday parties must be booked 2 weeks in advance of requested party date. Payments are due in full at the time of reservation. Payments are nonrefundable. If the party is canceled for any reason, the payment may be transferred to another date. All sales are final.
Birthday parties require a 10 child/attendee minimum at the cost of $200. Each extra child or attendee is $10, up to a maximum of 15 children/attendees.
Standard Birthday Participants Receive:
- Online printable Carousel Birthday Party Invitations
- Setup includes 2 large tables, 1 small cake table, 1 small gift table and 18 chairs. The Carousel will provide tablecloths, cups, plates, napkins and/or utensils with the purchase of a food package.
- Rides for children with birthday party group during designated party hours (each child in the birthday group will receive a wristband entry on the Carousel).
- The birthday child receives 3 tokens for future use, 1 of 3 predetermined gifts, a birthday crown or tiara and a birthday bracelet.
Different Birthday party packages will be available. The different packages include a naturalist and/or a food included option. All packages include a craft. For more package information, please call 513.381.3756 or email email@example.com
Other Events & After Hours:
Carousel events may be held during non-operational hours. The Anderson Pavilion Culinary Group organizes the Carousel events during non-operational hours. Please visit www.andersonpavilion.com or call 513.978.1821 for more information.
Come enjoy the scenic riverfront views under the stars, while painting and sipping wine at Carol Ann’s Carousel Toast to Art, with the Anderson Pavilion Culinary Group! For adults 21 years of age or older. Cost $45 per person or $65 per couple. Tickets include entry into the Carousel venue, unlimited rides on the Carousel, drink tickets, delectable light hors d’oeuvres provided by the Anderson Pavilion Culinary Group, and all supplies needed to create your art masterpiece!