Pura Vida Butterflies of Costa Rica & the Krohn Conservatory
"Pura Vida Butterflies of Costa Rica" is a lush tropical hideaway that celebrates the spectacular animals, plants and ancient cultures found in this abundantly diverse country. Cascading waterfalls, colorful parrot fish, and mysterious stone sculptures will set the stage for thousands of free flying butterflies which often flutter together amongst our visitors and fill our tropical paradise.
*The Krohn Conservatory is completely wheelchair accessible.
Show Highlights Include:
- 16,000 butterflies representing the region including Blue Morpho
- Beautiful floral displays
- Special children's programming
- Upcycled garden featuring handmade accessories made from recycled materials.
- Photo contests
- Organic set designs including thousands of feet of vine, ancient temples and stone sculptures.
- Family night and activities
- The Scherzinger Butterfly Garden outside of Krohn sponsored by
- Daily cloud forest experience
- The living Greenhouse which features many Costa Rican animals.
- A Costa Rican Mercado featuring locally made and eco-friendly items.
Other Areas of the Conservatory
In addition to the butterfly display we invite everyone to enjoy the peaceful tranquility of our rainforest under glass. Krohn showcases an amazing variety of more than 3,500 plant species from around the world, including desert plants, tropicals, bonsai trees, rare orchids and exotic fruit trees.
Be sure to visit Krohn's gift shop where you can choose from a myriad of souvenirs and keepsakes to serve as mementos from our fun, fascinating, and beautiful day! Your purchases help support the Cincinnati Parks. Krohn Conservatory, located at 1501 Eden Park Drive in Eden Park.
This architecturally significant building was built in 1933 at the height of the Art Deco period. But it's what's inside those aluminum and glass walls that make Krohn Conservatory truly special! Come experience it for yourself.Maps & Frequently Asked Questions
Consider Joining Friends of Krohn
Get some great benefits: You'll be helping support our unique facility and as a member, you can save 10% in our gift shop. Receive free admission to special events at Krohn and receive invitations to special preview sales throughout the year. For more information about the Friends of Krohn, stop by the Visitor Center or call (513) 421.5707.