May your holidays be merry & bright! Here are 5 tips for keeping your Holiday Tree fresh. Thank you The Biedenharn Family at Dixie View Nursery for donating the Holiday tree at Krohn Conservatory for the 2016 season!
1. Buy Local. Go to a Holiday tree farm and either cut your own or have one cut for you so you know that it is fresh. It also helps local businesses.
2. Protect the tree on the way home. If you are hauling it in a truck or rooftop cover the tree with a tarp to reduce drying from the wind.
3. Make a fresh cut. As soon as you get the tree home cut 1 – 2” off the base to enable water to be absorbed by the tree.
4. Water is everything. Put the tree in a bucket of water as soon as possible and keep it hydrated throughout the season to minimize drying.
5. Keep it cool. Place the tree away from heat ducts, direct sunlight, and your fireplace.
With good care a tree can stay fresh and safe for up to a month!
Want to meet Santa under the tree? Come to Krohn Conservatory “Breakfast with Santa” December 11, 9 – 10 a.m. for a continental breakfast and a visit with Santa and a special time to see Krohn Conservatory’s 2016 Holiday Show “A Whimsical Wonderland”. Space is limited register online today! $14.00 per adult $7.00 per child (children 4 and under are free) REGISTER HERE