OPENING DATE: 3/1/17 at 12:01 AM
CLOSING DATE: 6/10/17 at 8:00 P
JOB TYPE: Temporary or Seasonal Worker Unclassified
LOCATION: City of Cincinnati
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Work responsibilities may include:
- Grounds maintenance tasks including trimming bushes, clearing weeds
- Litter pick-up and trash collection.
- Manual landscaping tasks, such as installing trail ties, loading/unloading fertilizer and mulch.
- Park building maintenance and cleaning; sweeping, mopping floors.
- Special event tasks: loading/unloading and setting up/taking down tables and chairs.
- Other Park maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Butterfly Show door guards and attendants
- Office helpers
- Attend Life Skills training
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should be 16 or 17 years of age. Returning applicants up to 18 year of age. Must reside within the City of Cincinnati and meet the federal income guidelines.
The Cincinnati Parks Green Leaf Summer Youth Jobs Program is an 8-week summer job program. Workers will be paid $10.10 per hour for up to 24 hours per week.
WORKING AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
Much of the work takes place in an outdoor environment during summer months. Candidates should be prepared to work outdoors in extreme heat or rain. Sturdy work boots are required.